Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day

Sunday was my first Mother's Day and it was a very special day.  I have found myself teary eyed (in a good way) the past few days just reflecting on the amazing path our life has taken to get to this time in our life.  While Jonathan and I planned to start a family almost 7 years ago, God had another plan for us.  I can now say (and I used to absolutely hate this saying, but...) Addie was worth the wait.  When she was born, I felt like I finally understood every minute, hour, day, month, and year it took to for us to find each other.  Addie was able to do something for me that no one, not even myself could fix, the hole in my heart.  She has filled my heart with so much happiness and love that I just feel like it is going to bust sometimes.  I remember seeing her for the first time and being so overwhelmed and amazed that this beautiful little angel was my daughter.  She grabbed a hold of my finger the first time I saw her and wouldn't let go.  When our eyes met for the first time she had a sparkle in her eyes and she smiled at me (I'm really not making that up).  She looked at me and it was just like she knew who I was and that we both had been waiting a long time to meet each other.  Addison has been the most wonderful blessing in our life and I am so thankful to be her Mommy.  We are a family of three because of a very special woman, Addie's birthmom.  She blessed us almost 1 year ago with the most beautiful, precious baby girl.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel thankful for her and the decisions she made.  We love her more than anyone could ever imagine.    

Now, if you can see past those tears to read on, here's how my Mother's day went.  Jonathan made us breakfast while Addie munched on some Cheerios and I enjoyed my coffee.  For breakfast my wonderful husband made me scrambled eggs, sausage, and his famous grits.  I ate way too much, but it was soooo yummy.  After breakfast, Addie gave me a card, a very beautiful Dooley Hydrangea, and a basket of impatiens.  Jonathan gave me a very sweet card and a bottle of margarita mix and tequila (can't wait to sip on that...maybe Miss Amy will come over and visit me now-haha).  He said that I'm always asking him to make me a margarita, so now he can.  After church, we went to Aunt LaLa's and Uncle Tony's to spend time with our family and have a late lunch.  In all, it was a very wonderful day that I will always remember.  I am so thankful for the beautiful family that I have been blessed with.  

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you last weekend on your first mother's day! I am happy you had a nice day. I got some hydrangeas too, but nooo margarita mix. So, tell me when the next party is!! :)

    PS- maybe you should leave your phone on!

    ReplyDelete