Monday, April 20, 2009

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


Addie and I recently made my all time favorite soft chocolate chip cookies.  I know Addie really wanted to try one, but she has to wait a couple more months (sorry baby girl).  The vanilla pudding is really the secret ingredient for these awesomely chocolatey scrumpious cookies.  I make them all the time and have tried a few different things...
-Instead of semisweet chocolate chips I prefer to use milk chocolate chips.
-Sometimes I like to mix it up with 1c of the regular and 1c of the mini chocolate chips for an even more chocolatey variation.
-I also like to refrigerate the cookie dough before I bake them.
-If you decide to add the optional nuts, I've tried them with pecans instead of walnuts and they were really good.
-When baking, you can also use  silpats if you prefer.  I've tried baking them with and without and they turn out just the same. 
 Here's the recipe, ENJOY!!

2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 c butter, softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1 (3.4oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar.  Beat in the instant pudding until blended.  Stir in the eggs one at a time and add vanilla.  Blend in the flour mixture a little at a time.  Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (optional).  Drop cookies by the rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Edges should be golden brown.  Makes approx 36 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment